Capri Travel Guide
A travel guide through the dreamy destination of Capri, Italy with stunning natural scenery, glistening blue waters and a dose of dolce vita for your next summer abroad.
“When to go: ”
To avoid larger crowds and get the best weather for your time in Capri, we suggest booking your trip within the months of May, June, September and October. The busier months for those visiting are July and August yet still offer a beautiful trip.
“Things to do:”
1. Rent a boat - Spend the day basking under the Italian sun lazing on a boat around Capri. Explore hidden beaches, marvel at the dramatic cliffs, swim in shimmering blue waters and soak up everything the beautiful Mediterranean waters have to offer.
2. When in Capri, set time aside for long days at the beach. Spend a day at ‘Bagni Internazionali’ or ‘Marina Piccola’ for a day in paradise with an iconic Italian feel. Dip your toes in its crystal blue waters that hug beach shorelines or take a seat at the cafes perched above either of these beaches. For a more exclusive beach club experience, we suggest ‘La Fontelina Beach Club’ where you can relax on a sun bed by one of the most beautiful stretches of coastland.
3. Explore the city centre - No trip would be complete without a day within the Capri town. Spend the day eating gelato, having a spritz at the Piazzetta or shopping at the beautiful boutique stores.
“Where to stay: ”
1. For upscale luxury with a view: Hotel Punta Tragara
2. For Capri-style décor with a dreamy pool: Hotel La Scalinatella
3. For a once in a lifetime stay: Hotel Caesar Augustus
“Where to eat: ”
1. Da Paolino - For dinner under a canopy of citrus trees.
2. Le Grottelle - For a rustic Italian meal while sitting on the terrace.
3. L'Olivo - For a 2 Michelin star experience
“What to wear:”
Pack your bags with your favourite sunshine styles and all the swim pieces you can fit. For days spent at the beach, we recommend styling back your favourite swim and pareo with an over-shirt and chunky sandals. Pack easy-wearing mini and midi dresses that will take you from the Piazzetta in the day to the restaurants at night.